Postdoctoral Researcher (m/f/d)1 Stellenangebot
Universitätsmedizin Göttingen I UMG Robert-Koch-Straße 40
The Stem Cell Unit focuses on the generation of patient-specific induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) and their applications in genome editing, cardiac differentiation, tissue engineering and disease modelling. By combining iPSC technology with CRISPR/Cas9 genome editing and further state-of-the-art approaches, we aim to deeply investigate the pathophysiology of cardiomyocytes on molecular, omics-based as well as on functional and pharmacological level in order to identify novel pathophysiological mechanisms in cardiomyopathy/heart failure and to develop preventive and/or curative therapies. The offered position is in the context of a recently started inter-disciplinary project on the preclinical evaluation of CRISPR/Cas-based gene therapy in the human heart muscle.
Support us in translating CRISPR/Cas technology to treat inherited diseases!
- designing, planning and executing experiments independently in the specific research project
- establishing novel technologies and optimizing workflows for gene therapy and drug screening
- supporting our team in service-based projects for our collaboration partners
- higher-level university degree (PhD or equivalent) in disciplines or fields related to biology, pharmacology or biochemistry
- hands-on experiences in human iPSC culture, CRISPR/Cas technology, AAV production and general molecular biology
- substantial background in stem cell research, genome editing, cardiovascular and regenerative medicine
- fluent English in spoken and written, German knowledge is not a prerequisite but an advantage for the position
- comprehensive education and training
- Health and sports promoted through excellent workplace health management
- Remuneration according to the collective agreement for the civil service of the Länder (TV-L) including social benefits of the civil service including supplementary benefits
Interested applicants should submit:
- a personal motivation letter
- the PhD certificate (or equivalent)
- a Curriculum Vitae
- a transcript of records and an abstract of the PhD thesis
- at least two recommendation letters
The University Medical Center Göttingen takes flexible account of the individual design of working hours at the workplace. It is interested in implementing the wishes of its employees as far as possible. If you are interested in this job and have specific questions about working hours, please contact us.
Men are especially encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities and equal qualifications will be given preferential treatment.
University Medical Center Göttingen
Clinic for Cardiology and Pneumology
Dr. Lukas Cyganek
Group leader 'Stem Cell Unit'
Tel.: +49 (0)551 39-64280
Please send your application only via e-mail in PDF-format in one combined file.
Travel and application fees cannot be refunded or transferred.
Ende der Bewerbungsphase 29.02.2020
Dieses Stellenangebot als PDF herunterladen